Friday 22 December 2017

Tutorial 15 - Easy to make felt Storage Boxes

These storage boxes are made from felt and are very easy to make. You can make them any size you like - but it's a good idea to make a template first as it is not very easy to draw onto felt. Also, the felt I am using is quite thin (it's the only type I can get here) so I am using 2 pieces to make 1 box (using contrasting colours so you can see better). However, if your felt is thick, you need only 1 piece.



Here are the instructions - First, make a square/rectangle template (of any size) with borders of equal width. For this example, I drew a 6 inch square with 2 inch borders. Cut out the template, as shown.



Since the felt I'm using is quite thin, I have to use 2 pieces to make 1 box.


I machine stitched the edges together but you can hand stitch, if you like.


Decorate as you like! :)
                             
Hope you like this easy project and find it useful!
Happy Crafting Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment