Saturday 30 December 2017

Patchwork Hot Air Balloons

I needed to store my needles and pins (conveniently) in one place so I made an extra Big Pincushion! :D  I saw a lovely hot air balloon poster and it was my inspiration to make this pincushion. I am really happy with the way it turned out and it's really useful too! :)

A little sewing tip: I use the big buttons as "needle markers" to store sewing needles only - this way, I always know where all my needles are! :)



 After sewing my sweet hot-air balloon pincushion, the girls also wanted one for themselves. So here are the hanging mobile "hot air balloons" I made for each of them.

Eldest daughter wanted hers in Circus/Halloween colours.


Youngest daughter wanted hers Sweet and Pink.


Needless to say, we all had a lot of fun making these - the girls enjoyed choosing their fabrics and trims and I really enjoyed making these for them. :)

Hope these will inspire you to make things with your children too! Happy Crafting! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment