Wednesday 28 August 2013

Yarn Projects

Found some pretty (and inexpensive) blue-gray yarn (or string or whatever you might call it!) and decided that I could do something with it. Getting an idea from my Pinterest Inspiration Board "Pretty Craft Ideas", I came out with the following projects. Must say that I am really very pleased with the results. :)


First project was with an old and small biscuit tin (which had been lying around for ages). Decided to add a handmade flower (made from some leftover curtain material).  (The stuff toys are just borrowed for modelling purposes only! :D)


 
Then came this square container which was actually destined to be thrown away. I think it came out pretty sweet and I especially like the arrangement of the paper flowers.
 

This little triangle container once contained the sticker collection of my eldest girl (when she was very little - she's 19 now). It was cracked, chipped and had lost its cover but I decided to salvage it for her anyway and she loves it! She's using it to keep her treasured trinkets now. I am so glad that I added the little bird because it cheers up the whole piece.

I had lots of fun doing the above projects and still have others waiting in line. Also, yesterday I found some nice BROWN yarn/string and can't wait to try that out too. 

I enjoyed recycling the above containers and showing my girls that sometimes old "stuff" can be "rescued" instead of being thrown away.  I think we have to show our children that it is good to recycle, whenever possible - simply because money does not grow on trees! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment