Monday 29 July 2013

Wicker Basket Love!

I just love wicker baskets and trays - specially like to alter them to make them look pretty and functional too. Here are some of the wicker projects I have completed.


I had these 2 small wicker trays for awhile and wanted to give them a makeover. So gave them a new paint-job and added 2 sweet ballerina girls which I have been hoarding forever and lastly glued on some handmade ribbon flowers and cute little butterflies.


Bought this plain looking big oval-shaped wicked basket.  I wanted to make a nice sewing basket for my mother so I used some pretty floral fabric and lace material (from an old curtain),  added handmade ribbon flowers and bows. 


 This was a very old basket and I thought I would do something different - so I painted and decoupaged it.




I also did the same to this old basket (used to hold toys for my girl) but now, it's my new sewing  basket!


The weave on these toilet roll holders reminded me of wicker baskets - so couldn't resist buying them and doing a makeover! Glue teddy bears, fruits and flowers and Ta-Dah! We have sweet little bear toilet roll holders! :) 

(Note: To use this kind of holder, you must remove the cardboard centre (from the toilet paper roll) and pull the paper out from the centre.)

No comments:

Post a Comment